Schools are important to the Town of Morrisville and Town Council is committed to continuing dialogue with the Wake County Pubic School Board and sharing of information with Morrisville residents. Information and updates will be posted here.
NEW Information! 2019 School Assignment Plan Information from WCPSSYour School Board Representatives
District 7 Board Member Chris Heagarty
Chris Heagarty was appointed to the District 7 seat by the Wake County School Board after it was left vacant by the recent passing of Kathy Hartenstine. Chris will be sworn in at the December 18 board meeting.
Bio and photo coming soon!
District 9 Board Member Bill Fletcher
Bill Fletcher is a native to Wake County, and the son of Fred and Marjorie Fletcher, of the Capitol Broadcasting Company (WRAL-TV). He graduated Broughton HS and NC State University. Dedicated to serving the community, Bill started two Boy Scout units, and served 12 years on the Wake Board of Education. In 2004, he made an unsuccessful bid to become the elected State Superintendent. Today Bill serves as Vocational Services Director in the Cary Rotary Club and leads a team of Rotarians who focus on literacy and leadership. Bill enjoyed a 25 year career in marketing and advertising. He and his team at Keller Williams Realty help people buy and sell residential real estate.
Bill met his wife, Becky Rowe (from Johnston County) on a blind date. They have been married for 37 years. Becky is registrar at Penny Road Elementary School. They have three adult children: Caroline, who taught school for 8 years and is now enrolled in the Masters of School Administration program at UNC Chapel Hill. Brad, a Cary police officer who, along with his wife Amber coach girls softball and are the parents of grandchildren, Madison and Landon. Bill and Becky’s youngest is Matt, who is working to become a PE teacher and volunteers as an assistant coach at both Panther Creek and Apex high schools.
WCPSS Facilities Committee
The WCPSS Facilities Committee meets regularly. To find out when the next Facilities Committee meeting will be held, visit the WCPSS School Board Calendar. For facility design and construction information, visit the WCPSS Facilities Design and Construction page.
- WCPSS Presentation - Effects of Growth on Site Selection & School Design, presented to Town Council on March 24, 2015 by Joe Desmoreaux, Assistant Superintendent of Facilities. (Due to large file size, please allow a few moments to load)
- Town Council Resolution Supporting the Location of Middle and High Schools in Morrisville - February 2017
- WCPSS Presentation – Update to Effects of Growth on Site Selection and School Design, presented to Leadership Morrisville (Morrisville Chamber of Commerce) on October 3, 2017
- Public Comment - March 13, 2018 Town Council Meeting Transcribed Comments
- Watch Meeting Video
- Excerpt of Minutes - March 13, 2018 (in draft)
- Town of Morrisville/WCPSS Special Meeting - "Small Footprint Schools" - March 19, 2018
- Town Council Resolution Supporting the Location of Middle and High Schools in Morrisville - April 2018
Parkside Elementary School (E-50) Visit Project Webpage
- May/June 2018 HOA E50 Newsletter
- July/August 2018 HOA E50 Newsletter
- September/October 2018 HOA E50 Newsletter
- November/December 2018 HOA E50 Newsletter