Following voter approval of the Transportation Bond Referendum in November 2012, the Town of Morrisville has begun work on the McCrimmon Parkway Extension. The Town has partnered with NCDOT on the project in order to leverage state transportation funding with the Town's bond funding, resulting in a two-phase project. Phase One construction was administered by the Town, with Phase Two construction being administered by NCDOT.
With McCrimmon Parkway Phase One now complete, it provides needed traffic flow and intersection improvements to the area. Staff continues to work with appropriate agencies to monitor and adjust the signal timing at NC 54 and McCrimmon Parkway. Click here for some helpful Ways to Get Around the new intersection changes and traffic patterns.
- McCrimmon Parkway Open August 7th - NC54 through to Airport Boulevard.
- Starting August 7, 2019 traffic exiting Perimeter Park onto NC54 will be right turn only. There will be no left turns onto Perimeter Park from NC54:
Phase Two is on track to be completed in late 2019/early 2020 and will extend McCrimmon Parkway to Aviation Parkway.
Town of Morrisville Phase One
- Extend McCrimmon Parkway east from NC 54 to the existing section of McCrimmon Parkway at Perimeter Park Drive as a four lane roadway with sidewalks/multi-use paths on each side and bicycle accommodations
- Widen McCrimmon Parkway across the railroad tracks near NC 54 to add a left-turn lane and right-turn lane onto NC 54, re-striping the existing eastbound lane to a through lane
- Associated intersection improvements on NC 54 and Perimeter Park Drive
NCDOT Phase Two
- Construct a new four-lane, median-divided roadway with 8' multi-use paths and 5' bicycle lanes from Airport Boulevard to Aviation Parkway at Evans Road
- Install a Traffic Signal at the Airport Boulevard/McCrimmon Parkway intersection
- Associated intersection improvements on Airport Boulevard, Aviation Parkway and Evans Road
Town of Morrisville Phase
- 2014 - 2016 Engineering, Design, Permitting and Right-of-Way Acquisition
- 2016 - Construction Begins
- 2019 - Construction Complete
- 2016 - 2018 Engineering, Design, Permitting, and Right-of-Way Acquisition
- 2018 - Construction Begins
- 2019/2020 - Construction Complete
Capital Project Manager