The Town of Morrisville phase 1 (from NC54 to Perimeter Park Drive) was completed in August 2019. The punch list work was completed in November 2019.
The NCDOT phase 2 (from Airport Blvd. to Aviation Parkway) is expected to be completed in early 2020.
Following voter approval of the Transportation Bond Referendum in November 2012, the Town of Morrisville has begun work on the McCrimmon Parkway Extension. The Town has partnered with NCDOT on the project in order to leverage state transportation funding with the Town's bond funding, resulting in a two-phase project. Phase One construction was administered by the Town, with Phase Two construction being administered by NCDOT.
With McCrimmon Parkway Phase One now complete, it provides needed traffic flow and intersection improvements to the area. Staff continues to work with appropriate agencies to monitor and adjust the signal timing at NC 54 and McCrimmon Parkway. Click here for some helpful Ways to Get Around the new intersection changes and traffic patterns.
Phase Two is on track to be completed in late 2019/early 2020 and will extend McCrimmon Parkway to Aviation Parkway.
Town of Morrisville Phase One
- Extend McCrimmon Parkway east from NC 54 to the existing section of McCrimmon Parkway at Perimeter Park Drive as a four lane roadway with sidewalks/multi-use paths on each side and bicycle accommodations
- Widen McCrimmon Parkway across the railroad tracks near NC 54 to add a left-turn lane and right-turn lane onto NC 54, re-striping the existing eastbound lane to a through lane
- Associated intersection improvements on NC 54 and Perimeter Park Drive
NCDOT Phase Two
- To get more information about phase two of this project or to report issues contact NCDOT: Jonathan Tyndall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Construct a new four-lane, median-divided roadway with 8' multi-use paths and 5' bicycle lanes from Airport Boulevard to Aviation Parkway at Evans Road
- Install a Traffic Signal at the Airport Boulevard/McCrimmon Parkway intersection
- Associated intersection improvements on Airport Boulevard, Aviation Parkway and Evans Road
Town of Morrisville Phase
- 2014 - 2016 Engineering, Design, Permitting and Right-of-Way Acquisition
- 2016 - Construction Begins
- 2019 - Construction Complete
- 2016 - 2018 Engineering, Design, Permitting, and Right-of-Way Acquisition
- 2018 - Construction Begins
- 2019/2020 - Construction Complete
Capital Project Manager