Morrisville 101 is our annual citizen's academy held for the residents of Morrisville. This is a free class for citizens 16 years of age and up.
What's in it for you?
- A "behind-the-scenes" look at community services.
- The chance to meet and make connections with other civic-minded residents.
- Knowledge and personal contacts to help you become an effective leader in your community.
- A clearer understanding of the big picture that's needed to run for elected office in Morrisville.
The class is packed with activities and information, and is designed to be interactive with opportunities to ask questions and give feedback.
2020 Morrisville 101 Dates Coming Soon!
- Town Manager, Communications & Town Clerk
- Parks & Rec, Public Works
- Planning, Engineering & Inspections
- Police & Fire
- Budget, Finance & IT
*All sessions will be held at Morrisville Town Hall (100 Town Hall Drive). Please note attendance is required at all sessions in order to graduate.
What Do Past Students Have to Say?
"Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the classes and I am very glad that I participated. I will be recommending the course to my neighbors."
Teen Morrisville 101 is an annual citizen's academy for teens interested in local government, specifically in Morrisville. This is a free program for youth in grades 9-12. The program will be held after school hours,
from 4 - 6 p.m. once a week for four weeks, and will take place at Morrisville Town Hall, located at 100 Town Hall Drive. While the program is open to all high school students, preference will be given to those who live in Morrisville.
What's in it for you?
- A "behind-the-scenes" look at how local government works, specifically in Morrisville.
- A better understanding of what it takes to be a civil servant with a close up look at different career options in local government.
- A chance to get a hands-on approach to learning through group activities like designing a park and presenting at a mock Town Council meeting.
- A great opportunity to talk to local government employees about what they do every day for the citizens in Morrisville.
- The class is packed with activities and information, and is perfect for high school students interested in pursuing a career in government, or are just looking for more insight into what it takes to run a town!
2020 Teen Morrisville 101 Dates
Wednesday, May 6
Wednesday, May 13
Wednesday, May 20
Graduation (held at the Morrisville Town Council Meeting)
Green Day is an held in the Spring and Fall which promotes natural environment, conservation and green initiatives. The event includes document shredding, electronics recycling and cooking oil recycling.
2020 Spring Green Day: DateTBD
Can't make it on Saturday? Containers will be available at Town Hall for electronics, oil and textiles on Sunday. Please note document shredding is only available Saturday!
Litter Sweep: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Document Shredding, Electronics Recycling, and Cooking Oil Recycling: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Stream Clean: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Green Day is held in the parking lot of Morrisville Town Hall (100 Town Hall Drive).
Parking is available in the lot behind 260 Town Hall Drive and at Indian Creek Greenway Trailhead. All parking locations will be noted with signs.
There are no rain dates for this event. We will go on rain or shine!
Litter Sweep is a volunteer event that involves getting the community together to gather litter from the sidewalks, roads, parks, etc. Gloves, trash bags, safety vests, and litter sweep routes are provided for volunteers as well as light refreshments. Call 919-463-7072 for more information to get involved.
Secure document shredding gives individuals the opportunity to have their confidential documents destroyed on site. Whether it's small business documents that are no longer needed or personal papers that need to be safely disposed of, Shredding trucks contain cutting-edge proprietary paper shredding technology that can handle the job.
Got something with a cord? Drop it off and we'll recycle it for you!
Cooking Oil Recycling
Oil must be free from food particles and needs to be in a container with a screw on lid.
Bring your used clothing, towels, sheets, bedding, shoes, blankets, backpacks, etc.