Public Records Request Form
The Town Clerk serves as the keeper of all public records, in accordance with N.C.G.S. §132 et seq. These records are available for public inspection by request. Please complete the form below so the Town Clerk may gather information, coordinate with other staff, and provide requested documentation as expediently as possible. There may be a fee associated with retrieval of documents housed off-site, provided via an external resource (flash drive, CD-ROM) or printed.
Tips for a successful request:
- Provide as much information as possible (dates, addresses, names, key search terms, etc.)
- Identify the record type you are seeking (policy, email, map, etc.)
- If you would like to be notified prior to the triggering of a fee (i.e. off-site document retrieval), please note that in your request.
- Provide accurate contact information so that staff may reach you for follow up questions (email, phone).
- If you are seeking a Police Report, please submit that form.
- If you are seeking an Accident Report, please visit www.ncdot.org/dmv, select "traffic records" and you will be able to request that information.