Please review the guidelines below. Proclamation requests must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the Council Meeting/event date for presentation. Any requests not meeting the specified guidelines, may receive a letter in lieu of proclamation at Council's discretion. Letters are issued by the Mayor and Town Council.
All requests will be reviewed for compliance and you will be notified if your Proclamation request is approved. Incomplete information may result in a delay of your request. The original proclamation will be issued to the requestor at no cost, and if read at a Council meeting, presented there. Proclamations must be picked up at Town Hall unless other arrangements are made.
1. Proclamations may be presented, rather than read aloud during a meeting, at the discretion of the Mayor.
2. Proclamations may be requested for presentation outside of a regularly scheduled meeting if a request is made in advance to the Town Clerk's Office. Outside presentation requests will be made at the Mayor's discretion.
3. Proclamations will only be issued for Town of Morrisville residents or events.
4. Proclamation requests from Town Advisory Board/Committees or affiliated members must be submitted in accordance with established guidelines.
5. Annual or repeat requests must be submitted in writing for each occasion in accordance with established guidelines. There is no guarantee that proclamations will automatically be renewed.
6. Proclamations will not be issued for commercial purposes, such as a new business opening, a new service, a new product, a new professional service or other commercial endorsement.
7. Only one proclamation per year may be issued per organization. Requests may not be duplicated.
8. The Town of Morrisville reserves the right to accept, modify, or decline any request regardless of whether it was previously accommodated.
9. Proclamations will not be issued taking sides in political matters, addressing personal convictions, campaigns or events.
10. Proclamations will not be backdated and must be requested for a prospected event or acknowledgment.
11. Proclamations issued individually by the Mayor will be provided to the Town Clerk to be kept on file.