You might see an 'Oops Card' in or on your trash or recycle cart if there was a problem servicing your address. Below are some reasons why you would see an 'Oops Card':
If the cart was contaminated....
What is considered contamination?
- Yard waste in the trash or recycle cart
- Items too large for the cart
- Items not approved for the landfill
- Items not approved for recycle
If there were materials left outside the cart....
- Only items placed inside the cart will be collected.
- Extra bags of waste regularly set beside the cart will not be collected.
If the cart was obstructed....
- If the cart was not placed at the curb OR was obstructed by another object.
- Carts must have at least 3 feet clearance from cars, trees and other objects.
Cart Use Reminders
- Have your cart at the curb by 7 am on your trash/recycle day.
- Roll your cart back from the curb once it has been emptied.
- Keep the lid closed.
- Flatten what you can to save space
- Make sure all trash is in a bag!
If you have any questions, please contact Public Works at 919-463-7070.