When In Doubt, Throw It Out!
Need to know what can be recycled in Morrisville?
We accept used cooking oil at our Public Works facility, located at 414 Aviation Parkway. Please dispose of any used cooking oil only (NO MOTOR OIL) to be recycled. The oil is sold and the profits go straight to the
North Carolina Autism Society. For questions or Concerns, please contact V-Care at http://www.v-care.us.
Acceptable Items - Here for a printable refrigerator list
Recycling is co-mingled (all items in the same cart) and is collected weekly on the same day that your garbage is collected. Waste Industries accepts the following items for curbside recycling:
- White Paper
- Green, brown and clear glass
- Corrugated cardboard (over 3' by 3' must be cut down and flattened)
- Pizza Boxes (remove all food from the box before placing in recycle)
- Paperboard (such as cereal boxes and shoe boxes)
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Plastic bottles / containers (Generally, #1 - #7, w/neck smaller than body - including lids)
- Juice bottles
- Sports drink bottles
- Salad dressing bottles
- Condiment bottles
- Laundry detergent / fabric softener bottles
- Dishwashing detergent bottles
- Cough syrup bottles
- Yogurt cups
- Rigid plastics (buckets, plastic toys, lawn furniture)**
- Mouthwash bottles
- Shampoo/Conditioner bottles
- Liquid soap bottles
- Aseptic (vacuum sealed) drink boxes
- Gable top cartons (such as milk, cream, and juice cartons)
- Milk jugs or similar shaped plastic jugs
- Metal (aluminum, steel and tin) food cans
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Aluminum foil (with no food residue)
- Frozen food outer boxes
- Junk mail and catalogs
- Phone books
- Empty Aerosol Cans
*Please keep paper dry, as wet paper will be sent to the landfill.
**Mixed rigid plastic must be under 2 feet in length, and under 40 pounds.
Please remember to rinse and to flatten all recyclables as appropriate to maximize the use of your recycling bin or cart space.
Also, all curbside recycling customers must have recycling containers curbside and ready for pick-up no later than 7:00 a.m.
Waste Industries will not accept the following items for curbside recycling:
- Shredded paper
- Propane Tanks
- Margarine containers
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic bags
- Plastic planting pots
- Plastic medical waste
- Plastics containing or having contained petroleum products and/or hazardous wastes.
- Mirrors, window or auto glass
- Light bulbs
- Antifreeze containers
- Coat hangers
- Frozen food trays
- Styrofoam / shipping peanuts / bubble wrap
- Stamps and stickers in junk mail
- Motor oil bottles
- Pesticide bottles
- Paint cans
- Books / clothing / shoes (see Wake County info below)
- Household items (toasters, cooking pots or pans, etc.)
- Plastic clam shells
- PVC Pipe/Tubing
- Vinyl siding
- Electronic devices (see Multi-Material Recycling info below)
***Waste Industries does not collect any recyclables (including cardboard) left outside the recycle container***
The recycling trucks utilized by Waste Industries cannot accommodate boxes that have not been emptied, flattened, and broken into 3' by 3' pieces or smaller. You may wish to take any overflow of cardboard and/or recyclables to the Wake County Convenience Center located in Morrisville at 266 Aviation Parkway. Please be advised, however, that this Wake County facility also requires that boxes be emptied and flattened to fit into the specialized dumpster at that facility. The Morrisville facility now also accepts books, clothing, and shoes for recycling.
Please Note: If you have specific items or materials you desire to recycle that are unacceptable for your Waste Industries recycling container and not accepted at the Wake County Convenience Center located in Morrisville, you may wish to check out Wake County's Multi-Material Recycling Facilities. These facilities were built to accept items banned from landfills and have expanded through the years to now accept additional items and materials from Wake County residents.
If you have any further questions about recycling, please view our frequently asked questions or contact the Public Works Department Solid Waste Line at 919-463-7070. We appreciate and we support your recycling efforts!