What should public transit look like in Morrisville?
The Town is developing a Public Transit Plan to evaluate opportunities for local public transit service in Morrisville. Through active engagement of the community and in-depth analysis of market demands, this effort will develop recommendations for where public transit services should be located and how those services should operate.
This effort will include a detailed evaluation of different transit service options, ranging from traditional fixed-route shuttle service to on-demand service, and potential partnerships with app-based ride-hailing companies. This comprehensive evaluation of service options will include a cost-benefit analysis, ensuring that the proposed public transit solution is the most effective and efficient option for the Morrisville community.
The study team has completed a Public Transportation Needs Assessment to identify the key needs and issues related to potential public transportation service in Morrisville. This assessment includes the following pieces:
- A review of recent local and regional planning efforts that affect potential public transportation in Morrisville, as well as an assessment of existing public transportation services that connect in and around Morrisville.
- An analysis of the potential market and demand for public transportation service within the Town, based on factors like population and job density, demographics, land use and activity centers, and existing travel patterns.
- A SWOT analysis that identifies the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing the development of public transportation in Morrisville.
Check back soon to read the final Public Transportation Needs Assessment!
- Public Transportation Service Scenarios Information and Feedback Session
Monday, June 24, 4:30 - 6 pm at Town Hall (100 Town Hall Drive
We Want to Hear From You
Be sure to visit this page for more details about the project, upcoming events, and opportunities to share feedback. For more information about the project, please contact Benjamin Howell, Long Range Planning Manager, at 919-463-6927 or BHowell@townofmorrisville.org.
- Kick-Off Information & Feedback Session
March 25, 4:30 - 6 pm at Town Hall (100 Town Hall Drive)
- Morrisville Music in the Park
May 16, 5:30 - 7 pm at Church Street Park (5800 Cricket Pitch Way)
- Senior Friday
May 17, Cedar Fork Community Center (1050 B Town Hall Drive)
- Meetings with Area Transit Agencies (GoRaleigh, GoTriangle, GoCary)
- Triangle Area Hindu Temples Health Fair
- Morrisville SpringFest
May 18, 4 - 9 pm on Town Hall Drive (near Treybrooke)