Why Is An Affordable Housing Plan Needed?
The confluence of economic and demographic conditions, which is the result of trends decades in the making, has created challenges for some households in the regional housing market. These challenges are documented in the 2017 Wake County Affordable Housing Plan. Following in the footsteps of that effort, the Town of Morrisville contracted with czb, a community planning and strategy firm based in Alexandria, VA, to complete an Affordable Housing Plan for the Town. The Plan will specifically assess housing challenges in Morrisville and recommend actions the Town and partners across other sectors can take to address affordable housing issues within the Town. For more information about the project, please contact Natalie Nye, Planner II, at 919-463-6175 or email@example.com.
- October 22, 2019 - 6:00pm - Town Council Meeting with Public Hearing
- November 12, 2019 - 6:00pm - Town Council Meeting
- May 2019 - Town Council Kick-Off Meeting
- June 28, 2019 to July 26, 2019 – Online Survey
- August 2019 - Joint Council/Planning and Zoning Board Work Session
- October 2019 - Planning and Zoning Board Meeting with Public Comment Session