To become an employee of the Morrisville Fire/Rescue Department, the firefighter candidate must enter a process which includes:
- Application period
- All applications are web-based and accepted online only.
- Current Morrisville employment opportunities.
- You must have a current email address as all communications are sent via email.
- Reading comprehension test
- We utilize the TABE Test. This is a nationally recognized standardized test in which we derive the reading and comprehensive portions for our testing.
- Candidate physical agility test
- Oral review board
- This is a 20 minute interview where four to six Morrisville Fire/Rescue staff of various ranks will ask you questions to understand your abilities.
- Chief's Interview
- The Chief will review your resume and testing information and discuss your future with the Morrisville Fire/Rescue Department.
- Conditional job offer
- Background check (to include criminal and driving record)
- Medical exam
- Confirmed job offer
This process can take two to six months to complete. Candidates not hired will remain on a list for twelve months.
We strive to hire individuals that are the best fit for our organization. There will be times we will hire for positions where prior fire service experience is required, and other times no experience is necessary. Please read the job listing closely to understand specific requirements of the positions posted.
Successful candidates hired without needed certifications will be required to complete a fire academy and obtain North Carolina EMT Certification. The remaining minimum requirements are listed below:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain Class B driver's license within one year of employment
- Valid NC driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Refer to the Job Posting for any additional requirements
Please refer to the Morrisville Fire/Rescue Recruiting Manager for any additional questions you may have:
Captain Todd Lewis