The Budget Office oversees and participates in the budgetary preparation and management analysis of fiscal operations in coordination with the Town Manager and departments.
The Budget Office pledges to lead the organization in making informed and ultimately successful decisions in resource allocation, program evaluation, financial management, and long-range financial and management planning.
FY 2020 Budget works towards Building Capacity. The Town Manager's proposed Annual Operating Budget and Capital Investment Program (CIP) demonstrates commitment to strategic priorities and creative vision for meeting the needs and expectations of the community stakeholders while keeping a responsible long-range focus on the Town's future.
- Commitment of Resources to do Good Work
- New Position Investments
- Tools to Execute Projects & Initiatives
- Reward & Recognition of Skills & Merit
- Mobilizes Public Safety Improvements
- New Fire Station(s) Planning
- Officer Safety
- Major Equipment Replacement
- Traffic Signal Pre-emption
- Enhancement of Parks & Facility Amenities
- Crabtree Nature Park & Morrisville Community Park PH II Design
- Existing Park ADA Elements, Fitness Stations, & Upgrades
- Program Expansion & Enhancements
- Planning for MAFC Re-Opening
- Senior Program Needs
- Dedication of Continued Maintenance of Assets
- Streets, Facilities & Equipment
- Outreach & Access
- Innovation, Promotion & Engagement
- Building Reserves for the Future
- Annual Operating Budget - $35,958,300 (General Fund & Stormwater)
- Tax Rate: remains $0.39 per $100 of valuation
- Vehicle Decal Fee: remains $30 per residential vehicle
- Stormwater Fee: remains $25 per ERU
- User Fees: Moderate adjustments to various user fees for cost recovery to provide services
- 12 New Full-time Positions: 4 Public Safety Positions, 3 Development Services, 3 Parks & Recreation, & 2 Public Works; 3 3/4 time Positions Parks & Recreation
- Less than 3% Fund Balance Appropriation for Capital Outlay
- Leveraging Positive Economy, Growth in Resources and Use of Reserves
Draft Budget open for Comments!
Click on Quick Link above - Budget Portal Input.