Ordinance & Manuals
Please visit the Town's Unified Development Ordinance Page for our updated Ordinances and Manuals.
Storm Drainage System Inventory Map
Please click the map to view the Town's storm drainage system inventory map.
Stormwater O&M Agreements
Prior to the conveyance or transfer of any lot or building site or issuance of any development permit for a development to be served by a structural BMP required by the Design and Construction Ordinance, developers are required to execute and record operation and maintenance agreements to ensure that owners maintain and operate the BMP facility to preserve and continue its function for which it was originally designed. Operation and maintenance agreements require BMP owners to properly maintain, repair and, if necessary, reconstruct the BMP and provide a schedule for the maintenance frequency for the facility. Operation and maintenance agreements must be recorded with the Wake County register of Deeds upon final plat approval and recorded copies must be submitted to the Town within fourteen days following recordation. Town of Morrisville structural stormwater BMP operation and maintenance agreement documents are provided below:
- Disconnected Impervious Surfaces
- Dry Extended Detention Basin
- Filter Strip, Restored Riparian Buffer and Level Spreader
- Grassed Swale
- Infiltration Basin
- Infiltration Trench
- Permeable Payment
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Rooftop Runoff Management
- Sand Filter
- Storm Filter
- Stormwater Wetland
- Underground Detention System
- Wet Detention Basin
Stormwater O&M Annual Reporting Instructions
The Town now performs annual inspections of all BMPs as a service provided under the Town's stormwater utility fee (more information). If an owner chooses to also do their own, complete reports must include the forms and information below. The Town of Morrisville National Pollution Discharge Elimination System Phase II Stormwater Permit requires that structural BMPs be inspected annually to preserve and continue their function in controlling stormwater runoff quality and quantity at the degree or amount of function for which the structural BMP was designed. Additionally, stormwater BMPs must be periodically inspected per the frequency specified in the recorded operation and maintenance agreement for the facilities.
- Structural BMP Annual Operation and Maintenance Inspection Cover Sheet - The inspection report must be submitted and sealed by a qualified registered North Carolina engineer, surveyor or landscape architect performing services only in their area of competence.
Appropriate individual structural BMP report form(s) for all BMPs located on the property - In addition to the individual report(s) for the date of the official annual inspection, individual BMP inspection reports must also be provided for the periodic inspections required as part of the stormwater operation and maintenance agreement.
All annual inspection reports should be mailed or emailed to the following location:
Stormwater Administrator, Town of Morrisville | Engineering Department | 100 Town Hall Drive | Morrisville, NC 27560
email: Stormwater Staff
Other Forms, Tools & Links
- Jordan/Falls Nutrient Account Tool & Info
- NCSU-BAE Stormwater Group
- Wake County/Raleigh iMAPS
- Buffer/Stream Determination Application
- No Practical Alternative Determination / Buffer Authorization Request Form
- Stormwater As-Builts Application