Cary Area EMS Announces Fall Citizens’ Academy
Cary Area Emergency Medical Services will be conducting a second Citizens’ Academy this fall beginning October 2, 2019 occurring on Thursdays until October 23, 2019. This 4-week educational program provides an introduction to emergency medical services in an interactive environment. Instructors, all professional Cary Area EMS staff members, will teach practical sessions about EMS and what function EMS plays in today's society. During this Academy you will:
● learn about the history and structure behind your local EMS Agency.
● become AHA CPR certified.
● participate in our Stop the Bleed! class.
● equip yourself with life-saving skills to take into your community.
● tour a 911 Communications Center.
● create an "Emergency Kit" to take home with you.
This Academy is free of charge to all participants. Giving back to the community is a top priority for Cary Area EMS. Through the Citizens' Academy, we equip participants with a knowledge base and skill set to help each other in times of crisis and furthering our partnership with the community. Class will be held Thursday evenings in the month of October from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm. (10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23).
Register at the Cary Area EMS website.
Registration is limited to the first 20 participants.
Cary Area EMS is a non profit agency that has been serving the community since 1974. They are a part of the Wake County EMS System.