Morrisville Aquatics & Fitness Center Renovation is Well Underway!
Since its closure in November 2018 for renovations, the Morrisville Aquatics & Fitness Center site has been busy! The facility will be closed for about a year and is scheduled to reopen in late 2019/early 2020.
- Demolish the existing pools, basketball court, tennis courts and driveway.
- A new year-round natatorium will be constructed with a retractable roof to allow for open-air use in the warmer months. A new locker room building will be built between the existing building and the natatorium.
- Two new pools will be constructed. A 6-lane lap pool will replace the existing 4-lane pool.Additionally, a two-segment play pool will be constructed.It will include a beach style entry and play features, as well as a 3½’ deep recreation pool.
- Additional parking will be included in the project, as well as a relocated driveway intended to give users a safer entrance and exit from the facility.
- The existing locker rooms will be demolished, and the weight room will be moved downstairs to allow for a larger workout area.
- The group fitness studio will be expanded into the existing weight room. This will help with the overcrowding issue of the current studio.
- Two new tennis courts will be constructed to address the foundation issues that exist with the current courts.
While the renovation will interrupt service during construction, staff has identified Cedar Fork Community Center and Silverton pool as locations to offer some programming. Remaining programming and services will be suspended during the facility closure due to a lack of appropriate space for more intense activities and equipment
Information regarding available programs, pricing and locations will be on the website at www.townofmorrisville.org/parksandrec. Regular updates will also be provided via email to RecTrac users and through the Parks & Rec email distribution list on the website.Stay up to date on this project by visiting the Morrisville Aquatics & Fitness Center project webpage!