Spring Clean with Public Works! White Goods Collection, Bulk Item Pickup & Green Day
Bulk Item Pickup - March 11-15The Town's 2019 Spring bulk item pick-up is set for March 11-15, 2019. During that special designated week, residents receiving residential curbside solid waste services may leave a total of five (5) acceptable bulk items curbside on their regular trash/recycling curbside pick-up day. All bulk items presented for pick-up must be curbside and ready for pick-up no later than 7:00 a.m. Please see below the updated lists of acceptable and unacceptable bulk items:
Examples of acceptable items (all must weigh under 100 pounds) are:
- Area rugs
- Chairs, tables, sofas, and other furniture
- Empty paint and pesticide containers (all containers must be visibly empty)
- Grills - without propane tanks
- Lawnmowers - with all fluids fully drained
- Mattresses and box springs
- Small appliances
- Small scrap metal items
Examples of items that are not acceptable are:
- Building or construction materials - such as bricks, concrete, aluminum siding, old doors, fencing, etc.
- Computer desktops, laptops, monitors or peripherals
- Hazardous materials such as paint, batteries, motor oil, cooking oils, etc.
- Propane, oxygen, helium tanks, etc.
- Treated lumber, wood, and wood pallets
- TVs (banned from landfills as of July 1, 2011)
- White goods such as washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.
- Window air conditioners
- Yard waste of any kind
White Goods Collection- March 28
The Town's next collection will occur on Thursday, March 28. Please sign up here or call 919-463-7070 by 5:00 pm on March 25. White goods (washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, oven, stove, microwave) must be at the curb by 7:00am on March 28.
Spring Green Day - April 6
Green Day is an held in the Spring and Fall which promotes natural environment, conservation and green initiatives. The event includes document shredding, electronics recycling and cooking oil recycling. The next Green Day event is Saturday, April 6!
Litter Sweep: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Document Shredding, Electronics Recycling, and Cooking Oil Recycling: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Stream Clean: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Green Day is held in the parking lot of Morrisville Town Hall (100 Town Hall Drive).
Parking is available in the lot behind 260 Town Hall Drive and at Indian Creek Greenway Trailhead. All parking locations will be noted with signs.
There are no rain dates for this event. We will go on rain or shine!
Litter Sweep is a volunteer event that involves getting the community together to gather litter from the sidewalks, roads, parks, etc. Gloves, trash bags, safety vests, and litter sweep routes are provided for volunteers as well as light refreshments. Call 919-463-7072 for more information to get involved.
Secure document shredding gives individuals the opportunity to have their confidential documents destroyed on site. Whether it's small business documents that are no longer needed or personal papers that need to be safely disposed of, Shredding trucks contain cutting-edge proprietary paper shredding technology that can handle the job.
Got something with a cord? Drop it off and we'll recycle it for you!
Cooking Oil Recycling
Oil must be free from food particles and needs to be in a container with a screw on lid.