2020 Spring Bulk Item Pick-up
- Date: -
The Public Works Department sponsors a bulk item pick-up twice each year, once in the fall and once in the spring. This service is free to all Morrisville residents currently receiving curbside residential solid waste services.
The Town's 2020 Spring bulk item pick-up is the week of June 1-5. Residents receiving residential curbside solid waste services may leave a total of five acceptable bulk items curbside on their regular trash/recycling curbside pick-up day. All bulk items presented for pick-up must be curbside and ready for pick-up no later than 7:00 a.m. Please see below the updated lists of acceptable and unacceptable bulk items:
Examples of acceptable items (all must weigh under 100 pounds) are:
- Area rugs
- Chairs, tables, sofas, and other furniture
- Empty paint and pesticide containers (all containers must be visibly empty)
- Grills - without propane tanks
- Lawnmowers - with all fluids fully drained
- Mattresses and box springs
- Small appliances
- Small scrap metal items
Examples of items that are not acceptable are:
- Building or construction materials - such as bricks, concrete, aluminum siding, old doors, fencing, etc.
- Computer desktops, laptops, monitors or peripherals
- Hazardous materials such as paint, batteries, motor oil, cooking oils, etc.
- Propane, oxygen, helium tanks, etc.
- Treated lumber, wood, and wood pallets
- TVs (banned from landfills as of July 1, 2011)
- White goods such as washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, etc.
- Window air conditioners
- Yard waste of any kind