Overview:The Town recently began engineering and design work on improvements to Morrisville-Carpenter Road between Page Street and Davis Drive. These improvements will include widening the road to four lanes, adding curb-and-gutter and sidewalk, and replacing the culverts at Indian Creek. This project is a follow-up to a joint NCDOT/Town of Morrisville project completed in 2015 to widen Morrisville-Carpenter Road between Grace Park and the Ridgemont neighborhood and make improvements to the Davis Drive intersection. The 2015 project also installed two pedestrian crossings with pedestrian-activated flashing beacons at the Grace Park/Morrisville Market Greenway crossing and at the Savannah neighborhood.
The current engineering and design work on the improvements project is expected to be completed by 2017. The Town was awarded construction funding from CAMPO in February 2017.
Project Open House - Thursday, June 29 4:30pm - 7:30pm, Morrisville Town HallResidents are invited to learn about two transportation priorities and provide feedback during drop-in information sessions on Thursday, June 29th from 4:30pm to 7:30pm. Information about the Morrisville-Carpenter Road Widening Project and the Transportation Plan Update will be shared in separate spaces in Town Hall. Maps and information about the proposed widening and improvements to Morrisville-Carpenter Road will be available in the main hallway outside of the Town Council Chambers. For more information, please see the updated Project Newsletter.
June 2017 Project Newsletter
- January 2016 - Engineering and Design Work begins
- June 2017-December 2017 - Right-of-Way Acquisition
- Summer 2017 - Completion of Engineering and Design
- Spring 2018-Summer 2019 - Construction
- Estimated Total Project Cost (including engineering, design, permitting, ROW acquisition and construction): $11M
- Public Input Session Information Flyer
- Access Management Information Board
- Benefits of Access Management Flyer
- NCDOT Traffic Noise Information Boards