Benefits of a Rain Barrel
- Provide oxygenated, un-chlorinated water ideal for plants
- Divert water from municipal storm drain systems
- Conserve a vital natural resource
- Protects our rivers and streams from runoff pollution
- Save money by reducing their water bills
- Collected rainwater is not subject to outdoor watering restrictions
Rain Barrel Specifications
- 100% recycled plastic, is 100% recyclable, Made in the USA!
- Dimensions: 42.5" tall with 22.5" top diameter, 18" bottom diameter
- 50 gallon capacity
- All parts included: 3/4" valve for garden hose attachment & 1 over flow hose
- 2 overflow ports, with linking capacity
- Locking lid with metal screen at the top to prevent mosquitos from accessing water
- Black opaque HDPE material
- Meets EPA safety standards
How many rain barrels do I need?
In order to determine how many rain barrels you need you first need to determine how many square of roof will be draining to your rain barrel. Once you have determine the square footage utilize the equations below to calculate your gallons of roof runoff and the number of rain barrells you will need to capture a 1" rainfall event.
Square footage of your roof x 0.623 = gallons of roof runoff
Gallons of roof runoff / 50 = Number of rain barrels needed
Square footage of roof = 250 square feet
250 square feet x 0.623 = 155.75 gallons
155.75 gallons / 50 = 3.12 => use 3 barrels
3 rain barrels, connected in series, would be needed to capture a 1' rainfall event from 250 square feet of roof.
Free delivery is available to Town of Morrisville residents.
All sales are final.
For questions regarding your rain barrel and installation, please visit Rain Water Solutions