Street Improvement Bonds
NC 54 Bypass
Completing the McCrimmon Parkway Extension from NC 54 to Evans Road
Project Cost and Schedule
Approximately $14.3 Million
- Design and Construction: $7.85 Million
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: $4.23 Million
- Water Line Extension (includes potable and reclaimed water): $2.22 Million
Road Design: 12 months
Right-of-Way Acquisition: 12 months
Road Construction: 18 months
The proposed project consists of constructing approximately 1.7 miles of a new roadway from McCrimmon Parkway at NC 54 to Aviation Parkway.
- The section of McCrimmon Parkway extension from NC54 to the existing section of McCrimmon Parkway is envisioned to be a four-lane section road (0.3 miles).
- The section of McCrimmon Parkway extension from Airport Boulevard to Evans Road is envisioned to be a two-lane section road (1.4 miles).
Property owners would add additional lanes of the roadway section as the land along the road is developed. Construction would also include potable and reclaimed water lines to service this section of town and improve water connectivity within the town.
- Right-of-Way Width: 124 feet
- Raised Median Width: 23 feet (22 foot wide planting area)
- Road Lane Width: 12 feet (asphalt)
- Sidewalk (one side only)